CHAMPS National, CHEER’s new, hospital-based program to increase exclusive breastfeeding rates and decrease racial disparities, has enrolled the first 10 sites. Six hospitals are in Alabama, two in New Jersey, and one each in Georgia and West Virginia. They are:
- Athens-Limestone Hospital, Alabama
- Northport Medical Center, Alabama
- DCH Regional Medical Center, Alabama
- Baptist Medical Center East, Alabama
- Baptist Medical Center South, Alabama
- Whitfield Regional Hospital, Alabama
- Charleston Area Medical Center Women and Children’s Hospital, West Virginia
- Colquitt Regional Medical Center, Georgia
- Inspira Medical Center Vineland, New Jersey
- Inspira Medical Center Mullica Hill, New Jersey
In collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ROSE (Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere), and other maternal-child health and health equity experts, we are enrolling and supporting 100 hospitals nationwide. Hospitals are enrolled on a rolling basis and will receive free training and support from our diverse team of experts to safely implement the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding.
CHAMPS National still has spots available and is looking to enroll hospitals in areas of high need. If you are interested in enrolling your hospital in CHAMPS National, please complete and email the Expression of Interest form to email@example.com. You can find more information on our website: cheerequity.org/champsnational.
Many congratulations to our first 10 hospitals!